Before we work together, it is helpful to understand each other. Here are some of the principles that
I believe and that I integrate into my practice:
- Life is about more than ending up with the largest possible portfolio.
- The numbers don’t tell the whole story—your personality and preferences play a big part.
- Financial education is valuable.
- Everyone should be able to access financial planning assistance.
- In regards to investing:
- Your behavior in large part determines your portfolio return.
- You need to understand your risks as well as the potential returns.
- It’s difficult for an investment manager to consistently provide better than average returns,
and even more difficult to know beforehand which managers will succeed at that endeavor.
- Your choice of the types of investments you purchase and the mixture of those investments is
generally more important than trying to choose the “best” investment manager.